How to Use Manuka Honey for Eczema
Millions of people around the world seeking help and a safe method of treating different types of diseases. The same can be said about eczema. It is a skin condition in which the outer layer of the skin becomes inflamed. The problem with eczema is that this condition does not stop if the care and attention is not given. People who suffer from skin diseases often have their skin becomes very dry, red due to inflammation, the development of cracks and scales with injuries. Regardless of age, eczema can affect anyone, anytime. Although no specific treatment methods to cure eczema rather, many people are not afraid to take the help of alternative medicine as well .
Among the conventional methods of treatment , manuka honey is one of them. This brings us to our article at hand - how manuka honey is used for eczema. But before going into detail about it, we know a little more about manuka honey . Keep reading the rest of the article to know what manuka honey and how it should be used for eczema.
What is Manuka Honey ?
In New Zealand , there is a Manuka tree, which is responsible for bringing the world the gentle healing and manuka honey . In fact, the flowers on the trees and the bees is the real reason why we get manuka honey in the first place . Why manuka honey is very beneficial because it contains an incredible amount of antibacterial properties of hydrogen peroxide , which can be used to treat a variety of diseases and health problems. The way it works is that the human body has enzymes and because the antibacterial properties of manuka honey , enzymes can not destroy , and these properties can work to treat the body . In addition, manuka honey can seep into the skin tissue and heal the root cause.
In addition to using manuka honey for eczema, some scientists also suggest that honey can be used to rejuvenate the skin cells are damaged, arthritis, sprains, muscle stiffness, neck pain and shoulder, ringworm, infected wounds, staph infections, and reduce wrinkles . With all the wonderful qualities and have different benefits from manuka honey, no wonder people around the world talking . Now we know what is manuka honey, we will discover how it can work for eczema.
Steps to using Manuka Honey
Eczema can be very uncomfortable as inflamed skin itchy and red can be quite easy. In this case, the calming effect of manuka honey can provide some pain relief . Becoming popular day by day as a home remedy for eczema, manuka honey works magic for high antibacterial properties in it. Here are the steps you should follow to make a paste to apply on the affected skin .
- you will need 2 tablespoons of Manuka honey, 2 tablespoons of olive oil soup, 2 tablespoons of beeswax, a small jar , glass jar with lid and a wooden spoon mix the ingredients together .
- Place the pan over low heat and add the beeswax in it. Melt well, but make sure it starts to burn. Remove the pan from the heat as soon as the wax melts.
- Before the wax becomes solid again, add 2 tablespoons of Manuka honey and olive oil, respectively. Stir with a wooden spoon and transfer the mixture into a sterile cup. Put the lid on the jar and refrigerate.
- To use the mix, bringing the tube from the refrigerator and apply the paste directly on the infected skin. Make sure you wash your hands with antibacterial soap before applying the mixture.
- Apply a thin layer of the mixture and let it dry completely. After about 20-25 minutes, you can wash it with a mixture of warm water. Pat dry with a clean cloth. Use the mixture as often as 2-3 times per day .
You should consult your doctor before starting to use the manuka honey or other home remedies to treat eczema naturally. Because physicians aware of your medical history, he / she can decide whether it is a good idea to use manuka honey to treat eczema.